Friday, September 23, 2011

Response to Fantasy Sports


Author's note:  I have been playing fantasy football for a while and wondered how it was invented. I wanted to learn more so I went more in depth. In this piece I am working on format.

32 million Americans signed up for a fantasy sport last year.  Through the last four years participation has grow by over sixty percent. Why are fantasy sports so popular in our society today? What are the origins of this amazing entertainment? Fantasy sports are the best way to turn your bland day into a thrilling competition. 

1963 was the first season of fantasy football.  Eight partners of the Oakland Raiders where in the first fantasy football league. They created a bizarre scoring system and a wide range of player positions. Not till 1988 was this outdated system re-thought. Without their amazing idea there may not be Fantasy games today. 

For few people Sunday is a day of rest. For me I am glued to the TV hoping my wide receiver gets every pass for a touchdown.  Fantasy football gives you a reason to watch other team’s games not just your favorite.  People today live for this stuff (including me), a simulation of your favorite sport sometimes with a cash prize.  An entertaining game you that gives a reward, cannot be beat. 

Through the success of fantasy games new ones have begun, fantasy cricket being the newest. With the growing trend in its prime, will new fantasy sports begin? Fantasy track and field, horse racing, and little league baseball come to mind. The number one way to make your day more exciting is through fantasy sports.

2 comments:

  1. I think you weren't in depth enough with the history and how the system works. why does it make you watch more games than usual and how do you score in fantasy sports?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it, you had very good grammar and capitalization. I especially liked how you rested you thesis

    ReplyDelete